Date 1 - 1 of 1
GECCO 2023: Call for Tutorials
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]
2023 ACM Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2023)
July 15-19, 2023
Lisbon, Portugal and Virtual (hybrid conference)
Important Dates and Deadlines:
Tutorial Proposals: November 27, 2022
Acceptance Decision: December 9, 2022
Conference: July 15-19, 2023
*** Call for Tutorials ***
Tutorials at GECCO 2023 will provide an excellent opportunity to learn about current theory and practice in evolutionary computation from domain experts. We are now inviting proposals for tutorials. Each tutorial is expected to be 110 minutes long. We encourage the inclusion of interactive activities and demos.
Tutorials will be free to all GECCO 2023 attendees. We strongly encourage tutorials in hybrid mode rather than online only.
Accepted tutorials' slide sets will be published as part of a Companion volume to the conference proceedings in the ACM Digital library.
One instructor/presenter of each accepted tutorial will get a discounted registration. The discount can be divided among tutorial instructors if there is more than one. Each presenter is eligible for only a single tutorial discount, i.e., it is not possible to aggregate discounts from more tutorials. If a tutorial instructor is also presenting papers/workshop papers/posters, this discount is halved (i.e., 50% shared between speakers).
*** Tutorial Proposal Submission ***
Tutorial Proposals are submitted using the form on the GECCO 2023 web page (https://gecco-2023.sigevo.org/Tutorial-Proposals). Instructions on how to login into the web page and how to create an account are provided on the webpage.
Please provide the following information:
1. The tutorial title. Please refrain from using special characters in the title.
2. A description of scope and content. These details will be displayed on the website as the default description for the tutorial if it is accepted.
3. The name, affiliation, email, and short bio of the organizer(s). The first organizer will be the default contact person, but more organizers can be designated as the contact person.
4. The expected number of people attending the tutorial (this could be based on past attendance, if previously delivered).
5. A description of who might be interested in the tutorial.
6. (Optional but highly encouraged) A description of any interactive activity or demo planned within the tutorial presentation.
7. (Optional) If this tutorial was held in a different venue or is a modification of another tutorial, please indicate the venue and/or the changes.
8. (Optional) Any other relevant information to help evaluate the tutorial proposal.
*** Reviewing ***
Tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the Tutorials Chair, Tutorials Committee, and other members of the GECCO 2023 Organizing Committee. Final decisions will be made based on GECCO attendees' likely interest in them, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), and the expertise and credentials of the instructor(s).
*** More Information and Contact ***
You can find updated information on the Tutorials at:
If you have questions regarding the tutorials at GECCO 2023, don't hesitate to get in touch with the Tutorials Chair:
University of Coimbra, Portugal
Email: machado (at) dei.uc.pt
|1 - 1 of 1|