GI-2019 deadline 1 Feb 2019 Genetic Improvement workshop Montreal Call for Papers

Bill

Genetic Improvement Workshop (GI-2019)

GI-2019 will be held with the 41st International Conference on
Software Engineering, ICSE 2019, on Tuesday 28 May 2019 in Montreal, Canada.

Submission deadline: Friday 1st February 2019.
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gi2019

Website: geneticimprovementofsoftware.com

Key Dates
Paper submission deadline: 1 February 2019
Notification of accepted papers: 1 March 2019
Camera ready copies: 15 March 2019
GI workshop ICSE, Montreal 28 May 2019

Call For Papers

We invite submissions that discuss recent developments in all areas of
research on, and applications of, Genetic Improvement.

GI is the premier workshop in the field and provides an opportunity for
researchers interested in automated program repair and software
optimisation to disseminate their work, exchange ideas and discover new
research directions.

Topics of interest include both the theory and practice of Genetic
Improvement. Applications include, but are not limited to, using GI to:

• repair bugs
• improve efficiency
• decrease memory consumption
• decrease energy consumption
• explore tradeoffs between non-functional properties
• transplant new functionality
• optimise software parameters
• improve practice (e.g., deployments, case studies, etc.)
• inform language or tool design

Research & Position Papers

We invite submissions of two types of paper:

Research papers: up to 8 pages long
Position papers: up to 2 pages long

We encourage authors to submit early and in-progress work. The workshop
emphasises interaction and discussion.

Papers should be in ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) format. See
https://2019.icse-conferences.org/track/icse-2019-Technical-Papers#Call-for-Papers
for details. Papers must be anonymised. All papers should be submitted
in PDF format via https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gi2019

All accepted papers will be presented at GI-2019 and will be published
by the ACM. At least one author of each accepted paper must register
for the workshop (authors of multiple GI-2019 papers need only register
once).

The official publication date of the workshop proceedings is the date
the proceedings are made available in the ACM Library. This date may be
up to two weeks prior to the first day of ICSE 2019. The official
publication date affects the deadline for any patent filings related to
published work.

Workshop Chairs

Justyna Petke j.petke@...
Shin Hwei Tan tansh3@...