EvoApplications'19: Deadline extension until the 12th of November
The EvoApplications 2019 Conference extends its deadline until the
12th of November. The submission site will stay open until Monday,
after which no further submissions will be accepted. Authors who
have already submitted a paper can update their work by the new deadline.
The 22nd International Conference on the Applications of
Evolutionary Computation, April 24–26 2019, Leipzig, Germany.
EvoApplications invites high quality contributions for its 22nd edition,
which will be held as part of the EvoStar 2019 event in Leipzig, Germany,
April 2019 and co-located within EvoStar with three related conferences:
EuroGP, EvoCOP and EvoMUSART.
EvoApplications will focus on following thematic areas:
- Engineering + Real world applications, Chairs: Emma Hart, Sara Silva
- Games, Chairs: Julian Togelius, Alberto Tonda
- Image & Signal Processing, Vision & Pattern recognition, Chairs: Stephen Smith, Monica Mordonini
- Life sciences, Chairs: James Foster, Jaume Bacardit
- Networks, Chairs: JJ Merelo, Juan Luis (Juanlu) Jiménez-Laredo
- Neuroevolution, Chairs: Julian Miller, Sebastian Risi
- Numerical optimization, Chairs: Günter Rudolph, Oliver Kramer
- Robotics, Chairs: Gusz Eiben, Kyrre Glette
- General, Chairs: Carlos Cotta, Paco Fernandez, Giovanni Iacca, Trung Thanh Nguyen
Please do not be deterred if your work does not fit into any of these,
as new areas will arise depending on submissions. Just ensure you select
the appropriate keywords to classify your paper.
SUBMISSION, PRESENTATION, AND PUBLICATION DETAILS
This year EvoApplications is accepting two kinds of submission: full papers
and short papers. Full papers require novel and complete research work and
have a limit of 16 pages. Short papers should present complete research and
interesting preliminary results and have a limit of 8 pages. Both types of
submission will undergo the same double-blind review process and all accepted
papers will be included in the LNCS proceedings. All authors of accepted
papers will be given the opportunity to further disseminate their work in
- Page limit: 8 pages (short papers) or 16 pages (full papers).
- Submission format: Springer LNCS
– Review process: double-blind. Please ensure to anonymize your submission.
- Presentation format
-- Long talks: 20 minutes + 5 min questions. Authors can optionally bring a
poster to present at the poster session.
-- Short talks: 10 minutes, no questions. Authors MUST also bring a poster to
present at the poster session.
-- Short papers are only eligible for short talks. Authors of long papers
will be notified in advance of the type of presentation (short/long).
- Submission link: https://myreview.saclay.inria.fr/evoapps19/
- Submission Deadline: November 12, 2018
- Notification: January 12, 2019
- Camera-ready: February 11, 2019
- EvoStar dates: 24-26 April 2019
The city of Leipzig is located in the north-east of Germany, about 160km
south of Berlin. Situated at the crossing of two major medieval trading
routes, Via Imperii connecting Italy with the North and Via Regia connecting
East and West, it was once considered as one of the major European centers of
trade, culture and learning. Today Leipzig is an easily likeable, green and
young city with a rich cultural diversity. Particularly in the city center
one can find many beautiful historical buildings from different architectural
periods, museums and parks. Also, lovers of classical music appreciate
Leipzig due to the impact of Bach and Mendelsohn-Bartholdy, who lived in the
city for important parts of their lives.
Paul Kaufmann, Mainz University, Germany
EvoApplications Publication Chair
Pedro Castillo, University of Granada, Spain
Evo* Local Chair:
Hendrik Richter, Leipzig University of Applied Sciences, Germany