Assistant Professor positions at Keele University

PeterAndras

Two Assistant Professor (UK Lecturer) positions in Computer Science

*Keele University *- Faculty of Natural Sciences - School of Computing and
Mathematics

*Closing date for applications: 21st October 2018*

Keele University is renowned for its exciting approach to higher education,
innovative research, beautiful campus, strong community spirit and
excellent student experience. With a turnover in excess of £150 million,
over 10,000 students and a total staff of approximately 2000, the
University provides high quality teaching across a wide range of academic
and vocational subjects and promotes world-class research. The University
hosts the largest UK Smart Energy Network Demonstrator (SEND) with an
associated Centre for Doctoral Training based in the School of Computing
and Mathematics.

Applications are welcome from dynamic and enthusiastic individuals
committed to high quality teaching and research in any relevant field of
Computer Science (e.g. software engineering, evolutionary systems,
security, human-computer interaction, biological computation, machine
learning, formal methods, distributed systems, smart energy,
high-performance computing – but not restricted to these particular
fields). Applicants will have interests that complement our existing
research strengths while broadening the scope of our teaching expertise.

The Assistant Professor (UK Lecturer) posts are part of continued growth
and expansion of Computer Science at Keele, which presents many new
opportunities for the development of synergies in both teaching and
research. Candidates will be expected to develop an active research
programme that both complements and extends our existing research profile
in Computer Science. Candidates are also expected to develop research
collaborations with colleagues at Keele and elsewhere in strategic research
areas of the University, such as smart energy, AI, big data or digital
health. Details of the research carried out in Computer Science at Keele
can be found at:

http://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/compsci/

The successful candidates will have a PhD in an appropriate area of
Computer Science (or be very close to completion of his/her PhD) and will
have a strong commitment to delivering high quality undergraduate teaching,
including supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects
and the development and delivery of new modules. The post-holders will have
the skills, enthusiasm and flexibility for teaching across a wide range of
computer science topics and will also contribute to recruitment activities
and administrative duties within our Computer Science programmes.

Informal enquires can be made to Professor Peter Andras on 01782 733412 or
p.andras@...

Keele University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN charter,
and values equality and diversity across our workforce. We strive to
ensure that our workforce is representative of broader society, and
therefore, we would actively welcome applications from women for this role.

Keele University values equality and diversity across our workforce and to
ensuring our staff community is reflective of the diversity of our student
population. In support of these commitments the University welcomes
applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority
backgrounds for *all* roles.

*For full post details please visit: www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies
<http://www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies>*

*Keele University employees wishing to apply should login to Employee Self
Service and click on the 'View current vacancies' link.*

*Closing date for applications: 21st October 2018*

*Interviews will be held on: 16th November 2018*

*Post reference: KU00000898*

Join announce@isal.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.